The men and women of the Mohawk Valley Rural Fire District are dedicated to the preservation of property through the prevention and suppression of fire, the protection and care of life througth education, rescue and treatment, the protection of the environmentthrough the mitigation of hazardous materials incident and the development of character through commitment and teamwork.
We fulfill this mission through high quality:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Protection
- Fire Prevention and Public Education
What does it mean?
- ‘Working together’ involves providing a coordinated effort and service by District personnel (paid, part time, volunteer, and staff) and appropriate partners to prevent or mitigate harm.
- ‘Safely’ means using best practices to avoid putting the community, our partners and ourselves at unnecessary risk. ‘Safely’ necessarily includes public education, comprehensive training, and mitigating unsafe situations.
- ‘Protect’ includes mitigating, minimizing, isolating, educating, inspecting, pre-planning and responding.
- ‘Our community’ consists of those we serve including Mohawk Valley residents, visitors to the area, fire district members / employees, and partners.
- ‘Our community’s lives’ refers to the health, well-being, and comfort that make up our quality of life.
- ‘Our community’s… property’ are those public and private things that we are called to protect and includes dwellings, vehicles, pets, public lands, forest, water ways, roads, utilities, businesses, fire stations, fire vehicles, and all their contents entrusted to us by the community.
- Good ethics
- Walking the talk
- Doing the right thing when no one is looking or when it is unpopular
Trust / Trustworthiness
- Feeling safe
- Must be earned
- Willingness to break the cycle of distrust
- Respect our partners and co-workers
Pride and Ownership
- Appearance and uniform – Dress and act appropriately
- Self Motivation – Foster an entrepreneurial attitude; Take the opportunity to go above and beyond
- Emphasis on Customer Service
- Standards – Let people know what is expected of them
- Embrace diversity and creativity
- Open communication (internally and externally)
- Community Involvement and Information
Mohawk Valley Fire will be a premiere agency and industry leading role model for combination fire departments, which include full time, part time, and volunteer personnel. We will focus on providing high quality, cost-effective, and cohesive service that will exceed community expectations. We will accomplish this vision by utilizing a physically fit, healthy, and diverse workforce that is well trained and empowered with a high level of involvement in our success. We will emphasize pro-active communication at all levels, and ongoing transparency to our community. Mohawk Valley Fire will be a positive and valued part of the community.